Our opening General Music In-Service for 2011-2012 will be held on Wednesday, August 31st at Hayfield Secondary School, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Breakfast & Networking starts at 8 am. If you’d like to update your directory photo, please plan to do that during the networking time.
- Our General Session begins at 8:30. In order to make sign in more efficient, the general music sign-in tables will be located just inside entrance 9.
- FGMEA will be providing lunch for all general music and choral music teachers so that our third break-out session (Vertical Team lunch) can be held in an efficient manner so that everyone can be finished by 2:00.
- Please make arrangements now to stay for the entire session.
Did you miss the 2011 All-County Choral Festival Concert, or would you just like to experience it all over again? Channel 21 will be broadcasting the concert beginning Monday, May 9th and will be repeating it often throughout the summer:
May 9-15: 11:00-12:00; 8:30-9:30 pm
June 13-19: 11:00-12:00; 3:00-4:00
July 18-24: 11:00-12:00; 3:00-4:00
Aug 15-21: 11:00-12:00; 3:00-4:00 (It’s History!)
View Channel 21 on Cox Cable, Comcast Cable, and Verizon, or watch Channel 21 live on the FCPS website.
Click here to view all the ACCF photos or the videos![nggallery id=12]
Do you have photos or videos from ACCF? Click here to upload them!
The 2011 Sixth Grade All-County Choral Festival has begun and is off to a great start. More than 800 FCPS sixth graders are getting to use the skills taught to them by their awesome general music teachers. They are under the highly capable direction of Ms. Joan Gregoryk, the Founder and Artistic Director of the Children’s Chorus of Washington. The 2-day rehearsal culminates in a 3:00pm performance on Saturday, April 20th at Hayfield Secondary School.
Click here for more ACCF photos!
Fully half of Spring Hill Elementary’s 250-member chorus traveled to the Verizon Center on March 12th, 2011 to sing the national anthem for the opening of a Washington Wizards game. The chorus was under the direction of Spring Hill general music teachers and FGMEA members, Deb Rudd and Marilyn Harwood.
We have several new items on the Documents Page:
- FGMEA Spring 2011 Newsletter – General Music is in the air!
- Minutes of the March 2011 Board Meeting – you won’t be able to put it down.
- IFTA Scholarship Form – a great summer arts experience for a deserving student!
FGMEA Members can click here to see them all now.